Wednesday, 8 April 2009

Mark Driscoll

I've been a massive Mark Driscoll fan for the last six months or so. He's one of the pastors at Mars Hill Church in Seattle, perhaps one of the fastest growing churches in America at the present time. His preaching combines an infectious passion for Jesus, a committment to reformed theology, frighteningly searching application and a bang-up-to-date style of communication.

For those who've not heard him before, he's currently preaching a series of sermons on 1 & 2 Peter, called 'Trial: 8 witnesses from 1&2 Peter'. Last Sunday's sermon called 'Suffering to Learn: 1 Peter 3, 17-22' is as good a place as any to start. I tried to upload it here, but the technology is beyond me this early in my blogging career! Anyway, there's a great section in it on the perspicuity of Scripture towards the beginning, and another on the unrighteousness of Noah towards the end!

He's got tons more more material available at http://www.marshillchurch.org/. All sermon downloads are free of charge. No doubt I'll be blogging plenty about his sermons as I listen to them!

No comments: